Have Grievances With Govt. Institutions? File Your Complaint Online

As part of its initiative to improve the administrative functioning in the country, the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) has launched a website to facilitate online registration of complaints or grievances by Indian citizens pertaining to the below institutions:

  1. Railways
  2. Posts
  3. Telecom (including BSNL & MTNL)
  4. Urban Development (Delhi Development Authority, L&DO, Central PWD, etc)
  5. Petroleum & Natural Gas
  6. Civil Aviation (Indian Airlines, Air-India, Airports Authority of India, etc)
  7. Shipping, Road Transport & Highways
  8. Tourism
  9. Public Sector Banks
  10. Public Sector Insurance Companies
  11. National Saving Scheme of Ministry of Finance
  12. Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO)
  13. Regional Passport Authorities
  14. Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS)
  15. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
  16. Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
  17. National Institute of Open Schooling
  18. Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
  19. Central Universities
  20. ESI Hospitals and Dispensaries directly controlled by ESI Corporation under Ministry of Labour

However, the complaint must, naturally, be genuine and not frivolous. According to the Citizen Charter of the Administrative Reforms Department, the aim of this is:

1) Improvement in Government structures and processes
2) Citizen-friendly initiatives including redressal of public grievances
3) Dissemination of best practices
4) Simplification of procedures; and
5) Implementation of the Right to Information Act

Visit the DARPG website at http://pgportal.gov.in/ or http://dpg.gov.in/.

To get a list of institutions under its purview, visit http://dpg.gov.in/AuthPages/OgCovered.aspx.



  1. s p srivastavas p srivastava06-14-2010

    After time is gone, any settlement of claim will not cover up chain of permanent losses accrued due to non settlement in time.

    s p srivastava

  2. s p srivastavas p srivastava06-14-2010

    My brother-in-law died in an accident leaving behind his wife who is just a house wife, a son who was studying in 1st yr. BE and a doughter who was studying in 12th. Obviously it is prime time of once life when children are just coming to college education. As per procedure the dependents filed claim case with “District Judge – Motor Claims” case number 471/2004, District & Sessions Court, ATHW LINE, SURAT (Gujarat) for settlement with

    She being little educated was not aware if there is any other way of settlement. Nor she is interested in litigation.

    It is six years of her husbands death, and she is totally devastated by borowing and arranging mony from all available sources to bring up her children at the prime time of their education. Now her doughter is of marrigable age.

    Unfortunately the Oriental Insurance Company has not yet made any offer
    and just dragging the matter. The lady is not interested in any litigation as she is in dire need of money to come out of the borowings. She doesnot know how to speed up and arrive expetidious settlement.

    The Insurance Company “Oriental Insurance Co.” is not coming up with any offer of settlement amount : reasonable or un-reasonable. She does not know if there is another route of settlement out of court.

    Her Father-in-Law and Mother-In-Law who were there to give her moral support also died within two years of their Son’s death not being able to see the plight of the family of their deceased son.

    Please see if there is a way out “Out of Court” or otherwise which could save her from total ruin. Repeat: She is not interested in litigation.

    It is more a human issue than legal.

    s p srivastava

Leave a Reply